This position is located in the Facilities Management Division, United States Mint, Philadelphia. The incumbent manages and oversees the accomplishment of division functions, including facilities management and environmental protection.
As a Supervisory General Engineer, you will:
- Exercise supervisory and program responsibility for directing a comprehensive building maintenance program that includes planning for the maintenance and operation of utilities systems (i.e. plumbing, HVAC, electrical) and building infrastructure.
- Coordinate the formulation, execution and review of assigned projects in support of the Philadelphia Mint's mission.
- Serve as the resident expert and technical authority/consultant to management on engineering operations/decisions, new design projects, equipment, facilities and utility systems, modifications of existing facilities, equipment and utility systems, and technical contract problems regarding purchase requirements and specifications.
- Establish program priorities for the completion of facility construction, alteration, and/or improvement projects.
- Ensure the use of efficient, economical and innovative techniques in plant/facility operations to improve the quantity and quality of the complex services that are performed.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Overseeing engineering, building maintenance, construction, and environmental protection; AND
- Primary point of contact for contracts focused on the engineering, design, renovation and modernization of buildings; AND
- Formulating, applying and implementing energy efficient construction policy.