Transport construction materials (aggregate or concrete) and/or other equipment to and from construction sites. The drivers will be exposed to different work conditions and equipment in performing their assigned tasks. Will be responsible for maintaining their assigned equipment.
- Assisting with loading and unloading of construction materials on/off delivery vehicles.
- Completing a pre-trip and post-trip inspection including checking the tires, fluid levels and lights on the vehicle.
- Delivering construction materials to/from construction job site.
- Willing to operate any vehicle assigned to the project.
- Work within an organizational structure.
- Must adhere and comply with all company and DOT safety policies and procedures.
- Notifying supervisor of currently needed or anticipated repairs.
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: High school diploma or equivalent. 2+ years experience driving commercial vehicles, preferred. Must possess a valid Class A or B CDL with acceptable driving record. Must submit to a pre-employment drug test, DOT medical clearance testing and a background check. Must be willing to become a member of the Teamsters union. Must be willing to work overtime, nights and weekends. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, stretching, driving sitting and shifting gears.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Covered Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities