At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo Technology Regulatory Management (TRM) team is responsible for the management, coordination and governance of the operational processes for identification, validation and mapping (e.g. to policy, etc.) of all technology-related regulations and citations, globally. Accountable for reviewing new and revised major regulatory compliance content to understand key requirements and determine if Technology has established controls to cover regulatory and authoritative guidance requirements. This review and assessment process require experienced leadership and analytical skills in addition to partnership with Divisional Control teams and the process and control owners.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to gain experience of FinTech regulatory risk management. The role will enable the candidate to build a detailed understanding of the global regulatory landscape and develop relationships across Well Fargo’s Technology, Legal, Compliance and other corporate functions.
This position has key role accountability in Regulatory Management includes, but not limited:
- Assist with the advancement and maintenance of the Technology library of applicable authoritative sources and major requirements.
- Maintain regulatory change matrix to source changes that are technology owned or impacted.
- Track identified changes to capture end-to-end regulatory change work flow.
- Support the team lead to run routine TRM forum to communicate changes to relevant stakeholders, including policy owners.
- Coordinate with SME(s) to conduct high level gap analysis of the regulatory change and engage Divisional Control Leaders, Information Security Managers (ISM) / Control Framework Team (CFT) / Risk Partner Groups for early influencing with Regulators if there are any potential red flag(s) identified.
- Assist to ensure Regulatory Management processes, routines, procedures and guidelines are maintained in audit ready state and leverage corporate tools to create a comprehensive view of the technology regulatory control environment
- Perform in-depth regulatory change analysis and policy mapping to determine the impact of new, or revised, citations on Technology policies.
- Identify and document control gaps grouped by technology control domains to follow-up on remediation decision.
- Partner with the Global Technology Policies and Controls team to ensure policy area owners are informed of regulatory changes and that relevant updates are applied in a timely manner.
- Perform validation checks to ensure proper closure of regulatory change disposition.
- Understand and influence the regulatory change management operating procedures.
- Support manager to provide regular management reporting, utilizing agreed tools and dashboards for regulatory change management.
The successful candidate will be comfortable interacting with business and technology stakeholders of varying levels of seniority. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail will be required. The candidate will be able to work independently across a large, complex and global organization to ensure efficient and successful execution of the TRM operational processes.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience with technology related regulatory requirements and frameworks including: FFIEC, COBIT, COSO, NIST, ITIL
- Ability to evaluate impacts based on changes in laws/regulations and develop company response
- Experience researching impacts to the enterprise resulting from changes in laws or regulations and developing a company response
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Ability to prepare management level presentations
Other Desired Qualifications
- Professional certifications such as JD, CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP, or similar (desired but not required)
- Experience performing gap analysis for policies and/or regulatory requirements
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.