The Public Utility Commission's Human Resource Office is seeking a highly motivated and hardworking individual to join our tight-knit team. If you have prior HR experience and excel at providing outstanding customer service; apply today!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
This Human Resource Assistant provides administrative and technical support in the areas of employee benefits administration and time and attendance. This includes resolving a wide variety of customer inquiries and providing the full range of office support functions to the PUC's HR Office. This position educates current and prospective employees on the PUC's health benefits plans and services. This position reviews and processes employee benefits and retirement enrollment forms. The Human Resource Assistant advises employees and supervisors on the PUC's time and attendance policies and procedures including FMLA administration. This position trains and provides policy guidance to agency timekeepers. Finally, this position runs and evaluates time-related reports.
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; Monday - Friday; 1 hour lunch
The PUC HR Office is a small shop with a positive team environment!Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year of experience as a Human Resource Assistant 1; OR two years of clerical or other comparable experience, one year of which involved performance of limited technical duties in the field of human resource work; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)