Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Wells Fargo Technology Control (Risk Management) Team is responsible for driving the execution and comprehensive view of risk across Wells Fargo Technology and the firm by instilling a risk management culture where businesses are accountable for understanding and managing their risk. Technology Risk Management is organized around shared and divisional responsibilities to provide first-line-of-defense risk management support to drive the execution of the Technology Risk Management Program.
As an Analytics Consultant within Technology Control Modeling and Analytics, you will use data and analytics to build products and derive insights for our stakeholders within Technology Control. An ideal candidate will have experience with data manipulation, transformation, and aggregation in addition to skills in statistical modeling, data engineering, or data science. Possessing strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills are also important. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Drive current and future strategy by leveraging your analytical skills - mine vast amounts of data in new and evolving environments to arrive at specific and crucial information for the organization
- Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities internal groups
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
- Act as key data lead to leverage versatile technical capabilities to drive the development, evolution, and implementation of data products, which enable self-service by data consumers
- Build and execute tools or processes to monitor data quality
- Evaluate data management, data quality and data access processes for gaps, inefficiencies and opportunities; provide recommendations for improvement
- Implement solutions and processes for management and governance across data quality metrics, metadata, lineage, data access rights and business definitions
- Experience leading projects to deliver complex data solutions
- Reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
- A strong project manager who is able to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment while managing multiple / concurrent projects
- A strong written and verbal communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Work with top talent in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where analytics and good data are a top priority
Preferred location focus on New York.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 6+ years of SQL experience
- 2+ years of Python experience
- 4+ years of database design
- 4+ years of data visualization experience
- 3+ years of statistical modeling experience
- 1 + year of experience using quantitative machine learning techniques
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Highly developed computer skills including Business Objects, Tableau, SAS
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology process management improvements
- Knowledge and understanding of database architecture, design, and support
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Knowledge and understanding of data organizing or structuring complex data across varied data sources
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience communicating with business partners and project managers
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
Other Desired Qualifications
- A strong analytical skillset and presentation development skills are strongly preferred, with a demonstrated ability to craft clear and compelling stories/messages from complex situations and analysis
- Perspectives on analytics and reporting best practices and proven capability to advance a team towards annual goals
- Participation in Kaggle Competitions is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture development consultation including optimal design and configurations
- Strong technical skills including Data Lakes, Database (Teradata/Oracle/MS SQL), Python/R, Visualization tools such as Tableau, Familiarity with Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of exploratory data analysis techniques using statistical methods and modeling techniques (regression, decision trees and clustering)
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.