Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Information Protection, Technology and Data T&V team within Enterprise Testing is responsible for planning and executing testing and validation reviews in accordance with Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and Procedures.
The IPTD T&V team is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for the oversight and execution of control testing and reviews as part of a risk-based Business Resilience and Disaster Recovery control testing program. These responsibilities will include thoroughly understanding resilience risks and controls and developing risk-based testing plans in accordance with the firm’s Independent Testing and Validation Policy and Procedures. This role will develop a resilience compliance testing playbook inclusive of control evaluation questionnaires, test plans, and job aids to be used by other Wells Fargo resources in executing and document evaluation of risk mitigating controls.
The Enterprise Testing Manager will focus on management of a team of testing professionals in the execution of risk and controls testing in accordance with the Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and Enterprise Testing Operating Procedures. This leader will be responsible for strategic test plan development, ensuring proper scope and coverage, and credibly challenging business partners in order to provide quality test results that improve business practices.
This individual will also have responsibility for managing project communications / reporting to leadership and will manage a broad range of professional relationships and key contacts across the enterprise.
Other key responsibilities include (but are not limited to);
- Plan, scope and execute independent internal controls testing over the Business Continuity Planning Program activities within Wells Fargo.
- Identify, escalate and report key internal control issues in accordance with Enterprise Testing & Validation policies and procedures.
- Develop and execute test procedures that will:
- Evaluate adherence by the Enterprise BCP program to applicable federal and state regulations (e.g. FFIEC handbooks) ensuring policies, standards and guidelines are aligned with regulatory expectations.
- Credibly challenge the development and implementation of ongoing efforts to identify potential Business and Technology Interruptions, develop safeguards against these interruptions, and implement recovery procedures.
- Credibly challenge business lines in identifying and quantifying potential impacts resulting from disruptions and disaster scenarios.
- Credibly challenge service areas to ensure they are able to respond to an invocation of the continuity plans.
- Credibly challenge the firm’s DR testing schedule, including the testing of continuity plans in line with business requirements and after every major business change.
- Credibly challenge the EBCP Program to ensure that third party and vendor dependencies are identified and addressed across all lines of business.
- Credibly challenge the development and implementation of Business Continuity Management policies and procedures governing remote Operations sites, datacenters and branches.
- Credibly challenge the development, maintenance and implementation of Business Continuity Management materials and documentation (e.g., BIAs, plans, emergency response procedures, call lists, test results, etc.) in support of the Enterprise BCP program.
- Gather information from a range of different sources and methods e.g. data collection, interviews, meetings, review of processes, manuals, and documentation and generate innovative ideas that challenge the status quo.
- Document job aids and procedures that support the successful implementation of testing activities.
- Propose enhancements to support resilience testing processes.
- Work cross-functionally with team members to support and drive a collaborative team environment.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
***Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 7+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Experience testing policy and procedures/control testing
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance testing
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo Corporate Business Continuity Program and Operational Resiliency System or those of another large financial institution
- Experience as a Business Continuity Officer supporting a portfolio of Technology Application and/or Infrastructure Plans
- Good analytical skills including analyzing complex data
- Experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk and Testing
- Solid understanding of regulatory expectations (e.g. OCC, FRB, FDIC, NY-DFS, GDPR) for implementing a Business Continuity Management Framework and the proper procedures for effective governance, monitoring and reporting
- Prior experience working within a BCP program including implementing the related strategy, standards, and technology that aligns to industry standards
- Working knowledge of best practices for business continuity, recovery, and resiliency
- Working knowledge of industry standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001)
- Experience communicating risks to executive leadership
- Ability to provide credible challenge to LOBs
- 3+ years of business continuity planning experience or relevant field such as, emergency management, disaster recovery or resiliency management.
- One or more of the following professional certifications:
- MBCP (Master Business Continuity Professional)
- CFCP (Certified Functional Continuity Professional)
- CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Professional)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.