At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Underwriter II within PNC's Equipment & Vendor Finance organization, you will be based in Horsham, PA.
- Works under limited supervision or independently. Using independant judgement to identify risks and mitigants, prepares and effectively recommends loan offerings based on scorecards, such as risk ratings, by analyzing credit, collateral strength and financial worthiness of loan/transaction parties and also may have limited approval and/or exception authority. Prepares offerings for specific transactions or in management of a portfolio as assigned and interacts with internal/external customers. May provide recommendations for credit structuring.
- Using independant judgement to identify risks and mitigants, prepares and effectively recommends loan offerings based on scorecards, such as risk ratings, by analyzing credit, collateral strength and financial worthiness of loan/transaction parties. If relevant, performs ongoing credit risk management for assigned portfolio.
- Contacts internal/external customers and other parties as appropriate to gather information and clarify inconsistent, incorrect or missing information. May include relevant pre-approval and post-approval activities.
- Performs or assists with the identification and/or confirmation of all external regulatory requirements. Ensures internal policies and procedures are followed.
- Makes recommendations on credit decisions or makes credit decisions directly as appropriate.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Credit Analysis and Verification – Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Financial Analysis – Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.Information Capture – Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.Knowledge of Underwriting – Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Office Support Tools – Knowledge of and ability to use office support tools available at the desktop (for example: word processing, e-mail, presentation software, and spreadsheets.)Operational Functions – Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.