At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) Governance Office is seeking a detail oriented, highly motivated Financial Crimes Consultant to join the FCRM International Governance Office (IGO) Program. The FCRM International Governance Office Program, led by the IGO Program Manager, provides centralized coordination, support and guidance across the Regional FCRM IRM teams, ABC Governance and the WFIBC AML Program.
- Conduct extensive reviews of international regional (APAC, EMEA, Canada/LATAM) country office financial crimes programs, procedures, and other documents. Assist in the periodic evaluation of these regional documents to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements and enterprise standards;
- Coordinate periodic reviews of international regional roles and responsibilities to ensure financial crimes risk management roles are clearly defined and effectively designed;
- Assist in the preparation of complex project plans and reports related to the implementation of enterprise level financial crimes programs and requirements across the international regions, WFIBC, the Global Financial Investigations Unit (GFIU), and the ABC Governance Office;
- Assist in the periodic review of Wells Fargo global FCRM policies, including those designed to ensure effective governance of international regions, WFIBC, and ABC Governance Office. Provide recommendations, as needed;
- Develop strong working relationships with compliance partners across all businesses, Compliance and Operational Risk staff, and international region financial crimes risk management personnel;
- Assist in the review of findings of internal audits, compliance testing, and regulatory exams conducted of international region, country (branch and non-branch) office financial crimes programs, WFIBC, GFIU, and the ABC Governance Office. Participate in the development of action plans to address program deficiencies or recommendations. Assist in the review of high risk audit plans and ongoing monitoring of remediation actions;
- Represent the FCRM IGO by participating in various regional financial crimes-related projects and committees. Prepare summary reports and support the development of other periodic reporting documents, such as the FCRM Governance monthly status report;
- Develop and implement FCRM International Governance documents to adhere to enterprise and regulatory requirements;
- Assist with reporting/communication efforts for senior management, including preparing SHRP updates and updates within the FCRM IGO Program; and,
- Collaborate with Regional, GFIU, ABC Governance, and WFIBC FCRM Management on Risk Assessment matters regarding the Regions, GFIU, WFIBC, and ABC Governance. Provide oversight for FCRM IGO teams in the development of country specific risk assessments in order to meet regulatory requirements.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance; or a BS/BA degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice and 4+ years experience in the foregoing
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to manage multiple small to medium sized projects simultaneously
- Experience with Wells Fargo risk systems such as Shared Risk Platform (SHRP), Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), or Control Risk Analysis System (CRAS+)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Previous experience developing and reviewing complex policies and procedures.
- Previous experience with risk and controls.
- Expertise in compliance internal auditing or compliance testing.
- Broad knowledge of international financial crimes requirements.
- Experience with report design and presentation creation.
- Solid organizational, project management, analytical and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results.
- Proven experience with aggregating data across lines of business/regions for reporting critical information.
- Relevant professional certification/credential.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.