At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Accounting Expert within PNC's Finance organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA supporting the Loan Accounting and Reserves Group.
- Leads specialized accounting, reporting and analytical expertise in support of a centralized accounting and reporting function, a business function or a business unit. Serves as the senior expert for the team
- Leads the review and analysis of complex transactions; researches the applicable accounting, reporting and regulatory guidance; and communicates the implications to senior management.
- Participates on project teams and prepares accounting memoranda and related presentations related to new accounting pronouncements and their impact on PNC; reviews with senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Provides accounting expertise, including specialized knowledge related to internal control processes for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities, in support of both Finance department and business service partners.
- Supports and assists the Centralized Accounting and Reporting Management teams and the business units in the development and training of staff related to both generally accepted accounting principles and compliance with provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccounting – Knowledge of and the ability to use the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining and preparing financial statements and reports.Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Financial Analysis – Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.Financial And Accounting Systems – Knowledge of and ability to use financial and accounting applications specific to the organization.Financial Reporting – Knowledge of processes, methods, and tools of financial reporting; ability to create and maintain accurate and thorough financial reports.Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) – Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to apply them appropriately within the organization.Internal Controls – Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance – Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and ability to implement business processes required to ensure compliance with its tenets.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.