At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Technology Specialist within PNC's Intelligent Automation Platform team you will be based in Strongsville, OH or Pittsburgh, PA.
This position will report directly to Intelligent Automation Platform Team Manager. This team supports Intelligent Automation technology platforms including BPM, Business Rules capabilities, Robotics Process Automation and helps lead the advancement of infrastructure and software capabilities in the respective areas. The Intelligent Automation platform team works closely with various lines of businesses and MIS partners to drive platform upgrades, vendor software patch implementations and collaborate with them to support various implemented business solutions, new solutions implementation and issues resolutions. This team also collaborates with other technology partners within the organization to build new infrastructure to support continuous platform upkeep and new software upgrades. This team is expected to be proactive in assessing and identifying potential platform related issues, monitoring, alerting and identifying platform related automation opportunities. We are a team of empowered individuals that work to support one another to ensure team success.
This role will specifically focus on Intelligent Automation platforms support (BRMS / IBM ODM) and engineering activities. You will work closely with peer platform support, engineers, and SMEs across the different Intelligent Automation platforms (BPM, Business Rules management, and Robotics Process Automation).
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and responsibilities:
• Design and build enterprise scale platforms, new infrastructure builds for BPM and BRMS vendor software versions
• Websphere / J2EE platform upgrades, applications migration, troubleshooting, heap, memory and CPU capacity usage and management
• WebSphere / J2EE Platform Patching, vulnerability management and remediation, work with backup and restore procedures review and test
• Work with monitoring tools including Dynatrace, Truesight, LogInsight and track overall platform health, review environment configurations, coordinate with MIS teams, implement changes and production promotion / coordination
• Platform support and incidents management, provide timely response to address any production issues and drive resolutions
• Working experience with BPM and Business Rules technologies
• Working experience with Linux and scripting
• Working experience with Java and J2EE technologies
• Working experience with Oracle / MySQL databases would be a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related disciplines
- Administers, executes processes/procedures and addresses issues for products and services supported in Technology Infrastructure. May support analysis and report generation, exception processing and service management. Implements new products, services, and operational solutions as well as augments existing capabilities.
- Follows a predetermined plan/process and performs simple and routine administration requiring basic knowledge of specified operational products/services.
- Provides technical operational, analytical and research support to technical teams through both written and verbal communications.
- Supports incident resolution and root cause analysis of production problems.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of technical, operational and service procedures, as well as process workflows for operational/applications teams.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesHardware Infrastructure – Knowledge of and the ability to design, implement and integrate IT hardware for its use in business environments.IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Process Management – Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.Server Software – Knowledge of and ability to configure, install, and support the functions, features and facilities of multi-user operating systems to manage network resources.System and Technology Integration – Knowledge of the features and facilities of systems, and the ability to integrate and communicate among applications, databases and technology platforms.Systems Software Infrastructure – Knowledge of software technology, and the ability to plan global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components.System Testing – Knowledge of and the ability to design, plan and execute system testing strategies and tactics to ensure the quality of software at all stages of the system life cycle.System Testing Tools – Knowledge of and the ability to use tools and techniques for automating, simplifying and enhancing system testing.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.