WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT (W&I) DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See “Other Information” for Locations.
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT & PROGRAM ANALYST-CAMPUS OPERATIONS SUPPORT DO? As a Management & Program Analyst-Campus Operations Support you will serve as an analyst, evaluator and advisor to management on the effectiveness, efficiency or productivity of assigned program operations. You will conduct analytical studies and/or projects to resolve substantive problems or improve effectiveness and efficiency of the operating line and administrative programs.
As a Management & Program Analyst-Campus Operations Support you will:
- Accomplish various analytical studies and/or projects to resolve substantive problems.
- Prepare action plans for project accomplishments and ensure that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Analyze project data, requirements, identify problem areas and determine resolutions.
- Perform complex operational reviews and prepare comprehensive program evaluations.
- Prepare feasibility studies, directives, policy statements, written guidelines and recommendations and conduct briefings to communicate findings.
- Develop changes in methods, procedures, and techniques to improve baseline measures.
- Conduct studies of employee/organizational efficiency and productivity.
- Monitor status and resources to meet goals and objectives and recommend adjustment of work plans and resources for project accomplishment.
- Plan, coordinate, and establish operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of project assignments.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-11 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience for this position includes basic qualitative and quantitative techniques to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, and devise alternatives; Knowledge of work processes, operations and programs to perform studies and evaluations, and make recommendations for changes and improvements; Recommending alternatives and/or changes in methods, processes, and techniques to improve program and administrative procedures; Management principles and processes to perform project management duties and effectively coordinate and integrate project objectives; Skill in applying communication techniques sufficient to present plans and proposals convincingly and negotiate. OR Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. OR Three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. OR LL.M., if related.
GS-12 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience for this position includes a wide range of evaluative and analytical methods, management and organizational techniques to establish criteria for identifying and measuring accomplishments and progress, revising methods and developing new approaches and analyzing the impact of changes and make recommendations; Knowledge of functional programs, operations, work processes and related administrative activities to identify actual or potential problem areas, and deficiencies; Experience working with project management tools and techniques to plan, schedule, implement, closeout, and evaluate complex projects and studies; Oral communication techniques sufficient to present findings, deliver briefings, and negotiate solutions to disputed recommendations, as well as, written communication techniques to prepare project papers, reports, manuals, and directives.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the next lower grade level of the grade you are applying to for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).