At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group- specific testing.
As part of the Information Protection, Technology and Data Testing & Validation (IPTD T&V) team, this role will focus on execution of regulatory and policy compliance issue validations in accordance with Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and Procedures and aligned with Enterprise Testing. Individual validation consultant will be responsible for independent assessment of the appropriateness, completeness, effectiveness and sustainability of corrective actions taken to address operational data management risk and data-related compliance issues, as well as Data Transformation Program (DTP) Board-level Milestones (BLMs). Validation consultant will also have responsibility for managing project communications with IPTD T&V leadership, and will manage a broad range of professional relationships and key contacts across the enterprise.
This position reports directly to: Data Management Validation Lead.
Other key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Reviewing the validation of data issues identified through Information Protection, Technology and Data T&V to assess the appropriateness, completeness, effectiveness, and sustainability of corrective actions taken to address data management risk issues and independent verification of remediation and / or mitigating controls, and sustainability, for data issues (as defined by the Issue Management Policy).
- Reviewing the validation of DTP Board Level Milestones (BLMs), except BLMs owned by Report Mapping & Issue Identification (RMII) as these will be validated by Enterprise Controls & Oversight (EC&O).
- Oversee the planning and validation reviews within required timeframes and in accordance with established processes and procedures including the Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and Procedures.
- Communicate the validation process, status, and results to business and risk partners.
- Provide credible challenge and recommendations resulting from validation work to risk and business partners.
- Facilitate an efficient and valued validation review process.
- Validate and communicate potential issues and results of testing to the appropriate parties, including senior management.
- Consistently document review results, track corrective actions in SHRP through to resolution and perform validation testing once correction actions are implemented.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience planning and performing validation testing within operational risk framework
- Experience conducting and leading validation reviews of issues and corrective actions
- Experience with the risk reporting tools to include, but not limited to: SHRP, SHRP Reporting, and T&V standards and policies
- In-depth understanding of risk management policies and programs (preferably Wells Fargo specific)
- Demonstrated experience with management of validation/testing program
- Experience executing compliance testing and validation for adherence to regulatory and policy requirements
- Proven ability to influence decisions with difficult topics when partnering with senior management including the willingness and ability to question decisions and escalate issues
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Experience with strong Data Governance practices including BCBS-239 principles
- Applicable industry certifications including CRCM, CAMS, CRSP, CISA, CRISC
- Experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk and Testing
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.