WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF-EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ASSISTANT (OA) DO? As a Management and Program Assistant (OA) you will perform a wide range of duties in IRS Business Units. These duties include researching specific programs or issues, collecting relevant statistics and other data, and assisting in preparing reports with supporting tables, charts and illustrations. Management and Program Assistants use word processing, database and spreadsheet software to prepare and create memos, reports and records in final form.
As a Management and Program Assistant (OA), you will:
- Assist others in performing analytical and technical work.
- Identify potential, actual problems and probable causes and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Research special issues and gather pertinent statistics or information.
- Prepare memoranda, preliminary reports, spreadsheets and charts showing findings of recommendations.
- Perform administrative tasks (e.g., filing, timekeeping, organizing/coordinating meetings and conferences, ordering office supplies, etc.)
- Revise procedures, guidelines, and controls as a result of changes in higher level procedures.
- Use database or spreadsheet software to prepare a variety of documents.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-07 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-06 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: experience identifying problems and probable causes for solutions; researching and gathering pertinent statistics or information, reports findings to a higher level employees and may recommend corrective action for aspects of a program or function; experience revising procedures and controls; drafting memoranda, preliminary reports, and charts showing findings or recommendations; using word processing, database and spreadsheet software to prepare documents and to enter, revise, manipulate, sort, calculate, store and retrieve data.
-The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
-To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the GS-06 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).