The Department of Military & Veterans Affairs is looking for a conscientious, responsible candidate to fill a full-time Security Officer 1 position at the Southwestern Veterans' Center located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This position is responsible for the protection of persons and property at the Southwestern Veterans Center.
We offer a competitive salary and state benefits including pro-rated health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance coverage; excellent vacation, sick and holiday leave package; and retirement plan.
Watch this video to see how you can make a difference caring for Pennsylvania's veterans working for the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. Join us in caring for our Veterans at the PA Department of Military & Veterans Affairs. Apply today!As a Security Officer with the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, this position is responsible for the protection of property, grounds, facilities, tenants, employees, and the general public at the Southwestern Veterans' Center.
Read the complete position description for more information.No previous experience or training required, however previous security related experience is preferred.
- Patrol grounds at intervals by car and on foot and make rounds of buildings, grounds, parking and storage areas to check for theft, trespass, and violation of fire and safety rules and regulations.
- Check door locks of offices, storage, laundry, maintenance and garage areas; make sure lights are on or off as necessary and secure all buildings after hours.
- Answer telephone calls and assist visitors, residents and employees by giving directions and information. Prevent unauthorized persons from loitering on grounds or entering building or storage areas.
- Assist nursing in locating and returning missing residents. Work cooperatively with police in the investigation and search for missing residents. Assist residents during an emergency.
- Call maintenance personnel for major or emergency repairs after hours or on weekends and holidays.
- Respond promptly to emergency calls, performing duties and following procedures as defined in the emergency disaster handbook.
Necessary Special Requirement: Possession of a valid PA Class 'C' driver's license.
3:00 PM – 11:00 PM; hours may vary
8 hours/day; 40 hours/week
Days off to be determined
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.