This position will serve as a student trainee and will receive training in analytical methods used to develop objectively based information in support of administrative and programmatic planning, development, evaluation, and managerial decision-making. On-the-job training assignments provide a practical understanding of the organization, programs, policies, and objectives of the agency as well as furnish experience in the application of principles, procedures, and work techniques.
As a Student Trainee (CPD), you will:
- Prepare proposed material for incorporation in policy guidance related to HUD funded programs carried out by State and local government and non-profit grantees.
- Establish effective communications and working relationships with CPD Field and Headquarters staff.
- Review a wide variety of materials, report and data. Assist in preparation of briefing papers for various meetings, conferences or training.
- Assist in the development of program and technical policies, procedures and standards relating to CPD programs.
You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing of this announcement.
For the GS-5, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-4 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Using computer software such as word processing, database, and spreadsheet to perform automated tasks such as entering and retrieving data into or from existing spreadsheets and producing various standardized documents using established formats.; AND
- Reviewing outgoing correspondence and reports for format, grammar, typographical accuracy, conformance with established procedures, and confirming that all required background information is attached.
OR Education: You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school study or a Bachelors degree. (This education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.)
OR Combination: You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. To combine education and experience, the total percentage of experience at the required grade level compared to the experience requirement, as well as the percentage of completed education compared to the education requirement must equal at least 100 percent. (For example: the completion of 50% requirements for a Bachelors degree and 6 months of specialized experience.)
Experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.