The Department of Labor and Industry is seeking qualified applicants for a rewarding career as a Labor Mediator.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
The work of the Bureau of Mediation has been expanding in both the private and public sectors and today is the keystone of the Commonwealth's efforts to cultivate cooperative relationships between labor and management in plants, schools, governmental agencies, and other places of work.
- Full-time employment
- In order to be hired for this vacancy, candidates must reside in one of the following counties: Potter, McKean, Cameron, Clinton, Clearfield, Centre, Mifflin, Hungtingdon, Blair, Franklin or Fulton
- Home Headquartered position - hours vary dependent upon work assignments and may routinely include evenings and weekends
- Must be willing to travel to the areas covered by the Central Regional Office on a regular basis. Travel expenses will be paid.
As a Labor Mediator, you will be responsible for providing impartial professional mediation services to assist with labor negotiations and to provide proactive training and services to the parties.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding job, we want to hear from you!
Please note, this position will be responsible for providing Mediation services primarily within a segment of the coverage area of the Central Regional Office. Accordingly, candidates must live in one of the following counties: Potter, McKean, Cameron, Clinton, Clearfield, Centre, Mifflin, Hungtingdon, Blair, Franklin or Fulton and be able and willing to travel to the areas covered by the Central Regional Office on a regular basis.Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Four years of progressively
responsible experience in the field of labor-management relations and two years of experience in labor contract negotiations, administration, or mediation which includes or is supplemented by one year of collective bargaining experience; or a bachelor's degree with major course work in labor-management relations, industrial management, or personnel administration and two years experience in labor contract negotiations, administration, or mediation which includes or is supplemented by one year of collective bargaining experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training with two years of experience in labor contract negotiations, administration, or mediation which includes or is supplemented by one year of collective bargaining experience.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)