At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Security Security within PNC's Enterprise Technology & Technology organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA. Remote work will be considered for a well-qualified candidate.
This position is to cover the daylight shift.
The ideal candidate will demonstrates intimate knowledge of the following:
•Incident response principles or related technical domain that is applied in the context of a broader understanding of CSIRT and related systems and processes
•Proactively identify and remediate threats occurring in the environment
•Participate in the day-to-day security operations monitoring and response from the Security Operations Center.
•Perform malware analysis
•Demonstrated threat hunting experience SIEM and EDR solutions
•Evaluate, respond, and mitigate alerts that originate from the SIEM and the Cybersecurity product suite, e.g. NGFWs, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, Web Application Firewalls, NAC Solution, EDR, etc.
•Demonstrate use and understanding of security technologies such as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) & Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
•Develop content and action tuning requests to improve alert fidelity and reduce false positives
•Ability to document implementation of security controls and enhancements
•Lead the implementation of new cloud initiatives and security measures
- Provides technical evaluation and analysis in a specific Security area. Supports activities, process, and tools needed to improve overall security posture of the organization. Primary responsibilities do not include Architect or Engineering responsibilities.
- Applies security concepts, reviews information, executes defined tasks, analyzes requirements, reviews logs, and creates documentation. Performs investigation and data loss prevention, data manipulation, and coordination of activities. Performs actions to address or mitigate risks and vulnerabilities. Reviews and defines controls.
- Advises on more complex security procedures and products for clients, security administrators and network operations. Participates in enforcement of control security risks and threats; potential of one more controls subject to manager discretion. Shares knowledge with staff.
- Conducts security assessments and other information security routines consistently. Investigates and recommends corrective actions for data security related to established guidelines.
- Develops policies and procedures to standardize security functions and eliminate potential vulnerabilities and threats. Oversees that business needs are being met during development.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Information Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to protect information and information systems while ensuring their confidentiality, integrity and availability.Information Security Management – Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.Information Security Technologies – Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.IT Systems Management – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of technical tools and techniques to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Software Security Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to detect and prevent data security vulnerabilities of coding throughout the software development life cycle within software development organizations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: $65,000 - $187,450
Where a person is paid in the compensation range is aligned to their experience and skills. Placement within the compensation range is based on the specific role and the following factors:
- Lower in range – Building skills and experience in the job
- Within the range – Experience and skills align with proficiency in the role
- Higher in range – Experience and skills add value above typical requirements of the role
Compensation Range may vary based on Geographic Location
Role is incentive eligible with the payment based upon company, business and individual performance.
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.