Would you like a rewarding career that can make a positive difference in the lives of others? The Department of Environmental Protection's Bureau of Clean Water is in immediate need of a professional engineer to be responsible for the statewide permitting and associated activities in the Clean Water Program. The person takes part in the establishment of water quality based effluent limits (WQBELs) which will protect designated present and potential future uses of Pennsylvania's waters. This work involves contact and coordination with state, interstate, federal and county agency representatives. Apply today for this career opportunity an experience the satisfaction of public service while enjoying professional career growth!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
The major responsibility of an Environmental Engineer Specialist assigned to the Permits Section in the Clean Water Program is the technical and engineering review of permit applications including total maximum daily load (TMDL) report preparation, development of effluent limits, and preparation of permit documents associated with the NPDES permit program to comply with Clean Water Act and Clean Streams Law. Review of Water Quality Management (WQM Part II) applications under Clean Streams Law of PA, required for construction and operations of sewage and industrial wastewater conveyance and treatment facilities which discharge to the water of Commonwealth. In addition, assistance is provided to the Municipal Planning and Finance Section for review of Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s) applications and annual reports.Qualifications:
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
- PA residency currently waived for this title
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - Successful completion of the training program for Environmental Engineering Trainee; OR one year of professional experience in environmental engineering, and a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering or in any engineering field that includes or is supplemented by 9 credits in environmental engineering; OR two years of professional experience in environmental engineering, and possession of a valid Engineer-in-Training certificate issued by or acceptable to the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists; OR one year of professional experience in environmental engineering, and possession of a valid Professional Engineer license issued by the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists. Graduate study in environmental engineering or in a closely related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis
- Condition of Employment: This position requires possession of a valid driver's license.
- A resume needs to be submitted with your application. You may upload your document as an Attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)