Meet new challenges and make a significant difference in a unique and diverse population! The Pennsylvania Department of Corrections is actively seeking dedicated and conscientious Licensed Practical Nurses.
All applicants applying must check their email for further communication in regards to this particular job, please ensure the email address you provide on your application is accurate and that you check your spam folders in the event they get sent there.
- Full-time employment.
- Position available 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM (2nd shift).
- Rotating schedule, 40 hour work week.
- This position is eligible for full retirement benefits at age 50 or 55.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE.As an employee of the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections’ Health Care Team, you will assist in providing quality care to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Offender Population. LPNs will apply clinical nursing skills, hands-on assessments, and will assist practitioners and RNs on a daily basis. LPNs will assist with initial screenings, medication administration, health care emergencies, and physical health assessments. LPNs shall maintain department compliance for inspections, participate in in-service training, and may provide health related education to staff and Offenders.
If you have the required medical experience as indicated below, and wish to explore a rewarding career that offers the opportunity to share your skills while earning a great salary and benefits, the PA Department of Corrections at SCI Smithfield wants to hear from you!Qualifications:
- PA residency currently waived for this title.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- Necessary Special Requirements - Possession of a current Pennsylvania license as a Licensed Practice Nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Condition of Employment - Require that employees possessing non-renewable temporary practice permits must obtain licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse within the one year period as defined by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- If you are within 60 days of completing a licensed practical nursing program approved by the State Board of Nursing, you are eligible to apply for this job posting. At the time of appointment to a position, you must show proof of possession of a current, valid PA temporary practice permit or PA Licensed Practical Nurse license.
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports.
- You must pass a background investigation.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result