At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Part-time Teller within PNC's Retail Branch organization, you will provide exceptional customer service, accurately perform high volume customer banking transactions, educate customers on new technology and develop banking product referral opportunities through strong customer relationship skills. This position will be based in East York, PA at the East York retail banking branch.
- Delivers a unique customer experience aimed at improving customer financial wellbeing and creating loyalty while increasing share of wallet. Processes a variety of customer interactions. Educates customers on alternatives available for their financial interactions. Identifies banking opportunities during the customer interaction and refers as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities through meaningful conversations with customers, making appropriate referrals to branch staff or PNC ecosystem partners.
- Performs lobby engagement activities to connect with customers and position PNC products to meet their needs. Educates customers on options for managing financial transactions by leveraging technology, tools and resources.
- Applies product and procedural knowledge to solve customer's problems.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures, demonstrating sound judgment within established limits. Ensures teller and branch daily operations and maintenance transactions are completed in an efficient and accurate manner.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Addressing Customer Needs – Knowledge of and ability to meet customer needs by offering appropriate products in an appropriate manner.Banking Products – Knowledge of and ability to provide products and services available through the retail banking branch.Digital Awareness – Shares, shows and supports clients on a variety of technological digital and online tools and resources allowing them to explore solutions to achieve their financial goals and financial well-being through the PNC conversation.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Fraud Detection and Prevention – Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Matrix Management – Ability to build and use effective working relationships within own department and across department, functional, and geographic reporting lines.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Understanding Customer Needs – Knowledge of and the ability to recognize and be sensitive to the different perspectives and priorities of different customers.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically do not require a university / college degree, high school diploma, GED or any significant experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Prior experience is not required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.